This fantastic looking clock kit uses six IN-14 Russian nixie tubes with 18mm digits. It comes complete with laser cut acrylic case and tubes.
After more than 700 kits sold the manufacturer has given the "old" Sven Nixie clock kit an upgrade.
Based on the experience of the previous kits and the wishes of many customers the software and hardware of the Sven Reloaded has been completely redesigned and is now backed with a lot of useful functions.
The outstanding feature on technical side is the new high voltage converter, which offers not only an extremely high efficiency but also no self-heating. This enables to power Sven reloaded from a simple USB port or from a mobile phone charger. In the same way, the radiated EMF noise was reduced.
Further, a new multiplex sequence was introduced based on the modern HV5812 driver from Supertex. This feature gives not only a higher brightness but also the "singing" of the tubes is drastically reduced.
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds display
- 3 x 2 multiplex for less tube noise and higher brightness; based on the HV5812 Supertex driver
- Selectable 12 or 24 hour display modes
- Uses a Quartz Crystal Oscillator as the timebase with software adjustable accuracy
- Programmable leading zero blanking
- Date display in either DD.MM.YY or MM.DD.YY or YY.MM.DD format
- Programmable date display each minute or selectable with a single button push
- Scrolling display during fading-in the date or standard display change
- Alarm with programmable snooze period
- Optional DCF / WWVB / MSF / GPS sync with status LED; prepared for fitting the ASK receiver module from the "Wireless GPS connection"
- Dedicated DST button for easy switching between DST and standard time
- Super Capacitor backup keeps time during power outages for more than 6 hours
- Simple time setting using two buttons
- Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely set the time
- Five programmable column bulb settings (Flashing AM/PM indication, illuminated AM/PM indication, always flashing, always on, always off)
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes life or prevent sleep disturbance
- On nightmode pressing a button turns on the display for a programable timespan
- Indicator LEDs dim at night to prevent sleep disturbance
- Weekday aware "Master Blank" function to turn off all displays on weekends or during working hours
- Separate modes for column bulbs during night mode
- TX5-B Thyratrons as column bulbs (no neons) with adjustable brightness
- Standard, fading or fading + scrollback display modes as an eye-catcher
- "Slot Machine" cathode poisoning prevention routine, disabled during night mode, selectable time
- Programmable RGB tube lighting – select your favourite colour palette. 729 colours possible. Have a different colour of your choice every hour or autochanging colours with variable speed
- High efficiency HV converter, power consumption less than 2.5VA even when RGB lighting is fully turned on
- Powered from a single Mini USB outlet (from your PC or cellphone charger)
- All user preferences stored in non-volatile memory
- Tubes mounting tool for proper and exact alignment of the tubes
Operating instructions are here and assembly instructions are here.
Note: if kit is out of stock, please email us to reserve a kit.