This device enables you to build a clock using a handful of components and your own choice of display.
It has a 7 segment display driver built in. It can also be used to drive nixie tubes using just a few transistors and resistors.
Additionally, the device has a binary output, so it can be used as part of a larger timer or alarm system or even for making a binary clock.
The possibilities are almost endless with this clock IC, just a few external components and the displays of your choice and you have a working clock.
• Single +5V supply rail
• Single 32768Hz input reference source
• Switchable between 12 and 24 hour formats (single pin setting)
• Can drive 7 Segment displays or nixie tubes (single pin setting)
• Binary output (always present)
• Simple clock setting method
For more info, see the datasheet here.
We are also looking at producing a universal board kit for this IC, including the IC socket and 32.768kHz oscillator. Stay tuned!
Click here for a suitable through-hole socket to suit this IC.