As reviewed in DIYODE magazine, September 2021.
This kit is much more versatile than our regular LED tester. Unlike the cheaper tester, this kit not only tests two-pin LEDs at a range of currents, but also 3 and 4 pin LEDs such as bi-colour and tri-colour LEDs, like RGB LEDs.
- Test 2-pin LEDs at a range of currents, from 1 to 40mA
- Test bi-colour and tri-colour (such as RGB) LEDs, both common anode and common cathode (selectable at the flick of a switch)
- Test superflux LEDs, including bi- and tri-colour types - test colours together or individually
- Momentary press-to-test button and continuous test switches
- Multiple slots at popular current levels for comparative testing
- Inbuilt LED voltmeter to show LED voltage (in dedicated section of tester)
- Voltmeter shows battery voltage with no LED inserted, for simple battery self-test (uses standard 9V battery)
- Open frame format, so USB rechargeable batteries can be used and charged inside the tester
- High grade ultraminiature DPDT paddle switches used for long lifespan and reliability
- Metal film resistors for reliability
- Resistor colour code chart on the back panel for easy reference
- Supplied with header pin style test probes for testing power LEDs
- Black finish high grade PCBs with white silk screen for legibility
For more information, download the instructions here
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 18 June, 2021.